Jayne Sargent Foundation is a charity based in Telford, Shropshire offering a cancer support group and therapist service at Meeting Point House, Southwater in Telford. The support group meet on the last Tuesday of every month 11am-1pm and is for anyone living with cancer, their carers and families. Since September 2018 we also run an evening meet on the second Thursday of every month 7-9pm at Meeting Point House.
Together we find positive ways to help us live with cancer. Our meets allow us a voice which can improve services in our area. We learn new skills with our creative sessions and offer complementary therapy sessions to our members. Every Friday afternoon we go swimming at Life @ Telford Whitehouse.
Thank you for taking the time to find out about us and we would love for you to keep in touch with us on facebook or twitter to find out more about upcoming meets and fundraising events.
Download our leaflet.
View our video to see one of our meets!
You can also donate to use directly through the BT My Donate service by clicking here.
Who’s Raising Money!
- Local company PensionLite are starting the epic 12 months of fundraising with a 24 hour rowing challenge at their offices on Stafford Park on 17th January. Would you like to get involved? They have other events including a Bake Off happening in February and running and cycling! Have a look...more
- Em from Bridgnorth Belly Dancing put on a workshop to raise funds for us and raised £40. Please have a look at her Facebook page for more details of her classes: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2097963733825681/...more
- We are thrilled to have been chosen along with Severn Hospice to benefit from the funds raised from the amazing duck art trail of Summer 2018 in Ironbridge and Southwater. The ducks are now at their forever homes after being auctioned off! ...more
- Thank you to the Rotary Club of Wrekin for raising £29 for Jayne Sargent Foundation on one of their monthly quiz nights!...more
- Telford Harriers hosted this years Ironbridge Half Marathon and we are thrilled to be one of the beneficiaries of the money raised! ...more
- We are absolutely thrilled to be part of this local project to help celebrate Telfords 50th Birthday next year! The project is funded by Telford & Wrekin Council and Pride in Your Community and will feature 10 huge ducks that will form a family art trail around Ironbridge. They will...more
- We are delighted to have the lovely Leanne along to our meets now to give advise about cold cap, wigs & wig fitting, hair care and cutting. Leanne has been...Read More
- We are always pleased to have Gail from Rosie in the Garden florist in Lawley along to our meets. This months meet welcomes regular and new friends along and we...Read More
- We have just started an 8 week course in Mindfulness on Wednesday afternoons at Meeting Point House courtesy of Ann Baxindale from Equilibre. Please do enquire if you would like...Read More
- As requested by our members we now run an evening meet on the second Thursday of every month 7-9pm at Meeting Point House. We have tried Belly dancing and Bhangra...Read More
- We held a coffee morning on September 25th at our monthly meet and raised £71.88 for Macmillan. ...Read More